The Houthi group has warned that the United States and Britain will pay an “extreme price” after a joint attack by the United States and Britain on Houthi positions in Yemen. British media BBC reported this information.
Houthi rebels’ Al-Masirah TV station reported that Houthi Deputy Foreign Minister Hussein al-Izi warned America and Britain. He said, ‘We have an air base, an airport and a military camp targeted by US and British forces. Apart from this, our country was also attacked from American and British ships. America and Britain will have to pay the ‘extreme price’ for these brazen aggressions. Their consequences are terrible.’
According to the BBC, it was reported that the American and British forces attacked Yemen’s capital Sana’a, the Red Sea port, Dhamar and Houthi strongholds in the northwestern region on Thursday local time. However, no casualties have been reported so far.
The Houthi rebel group has been attacking commercial ships bound for Israel through the Red Sea since the start of a brutal attack by Israeli forces on the Palestinian territory of Gaza in October last year. In response to those attacks, America and Britain launched a direct attack.
A US official told the BBC that the attacks targeted Houthi weapons depots and command centers. He said, bombings were carried out targeting the military installations of the Houthis. In addition, powerful Tomahawk cruise missiles are launched from the ship. Besides, warplanes have also been used in this attack.
Before this, last Tuesday night, the Houthi rebels carried out the largest ever attack on a commercial ship in the Red Sea. At least 50 commercial ships were damaged in the attack, US officials said.
Meanwhile, US President Joe Biden said in a written statement, “I will not hesitate to order further action to protect our people and protect the free flow of international trade.”