In Khunua area of Sherpur Sadar, neighbor threw acid. A young man named Shahid Mia (25) was burnt. He was brought to the burn and plastic surgery department of the Dhaka Medical College (Dhamek) Hospital in a state of burn at around 1:30 pm yesterday.
According to the relatives of the victim, Shahid Mia is a teacher of a local coaching center in the area. Besides teaching, he also did private tutoring. He used to teach the son of neighbor Aktara Begum. Shahid stopped teaching Aktara’s son in December. Aktara was angry because his son was stopped from teaching. On Thursday morning, the neighbor called the woman Shaheed to pay the outstanding salary. Later, when he went to that house, the neighbor woman threw acid on his face and body and burnt him. At that time, the martyr screamed, the people around rescued him and took him to the local hospital. When his condition deteriorated there, he was brought to the burn unit of DMK last night for better treatment.
Dhaka Medical College (Dhamek) Hospital’s Department Head of Burn and Plastic Surgery Unit Dr. confirmed the matter. Bidhan said, a young man was brought to our emergency department last night from Sherpur. His face and most of his body were burnt. It is not possible to tell the extent of his burns at the moment. Currently, he is kept under the observation of the Department of Agriculture. In charge of our police camp. The matter has been informed to the concerned police station through Bachchu Mia.