The United States attacked Yemen again on Friday night. The attack was carried out on Friday night in the country’s capital, Sana’a, targeting the rebel group Houthis. The New York Times reported this information citing two US officials.
Earlier on Thursday night, the United States and the United Kingdom targeted 30 Houthi installations in Yemen.
Regarding this attack, White House spokesman John Kirby said, “We are not interested in getting involved in war with Yemen.” What the president is doing, including last night’s attack, is actually being done to prevent the spread of war.
Meanwhile, US President Joe Biden said on Friday that Yemen will be attacked again if the Houthis do not stop attacking ships in the Red Sea.
British-American forces attacked Yemen amid fears of conflict spreading across the Middle East over Israel’s indiscriminate attack on Gaza. Analysts fear regional conflict in such a situation. The West claims that Yemen is being retaliated against by Houthi attacks on cargo ships in the Red Sea.