Home News The body of the slain BGB member has not yet been handed over

The body of the slain BGB member has not yet been handed over

by Afonso
0 comment
Rate this post

The body of BGB member Mohammad Raishuddin, who was killed in BSF firing at Jessore’s Dhanyakhola border, is yet to be handed over. Due to this incident on Monday morning, the situation in the border area is tense.

Jessore 49 BGB Battalion CO Lieut. Colonel Jameel Ahmed told reporters on Tuesday afternoon, “We are trying to contact the BSF for the body of Mohammad Raishuddin.”

It is known that the smugglers were smuggling cattle through the border of Bangladesh’s Bangaon Mahakumar Sutia and Dhanyakhola in the early hours of Monday morning. At this time BSF members entered Bangladesh border after chasing the smugglers. Mohammad Raishuddin, a BGB constable at the spot, stepped forward after seeing the BSF members. At that time he was wearing white clothes. Then Mohammad Raishuddin introduced himself as a BGB member and asked to know about the incident.

Locals alleged that BSF personnel shot and injured Mohammad Raishuddin even after getting his identity. Later he was taken inside the Indian border while injured. He died on Monday afternoon while undergoing treatment there.

Confirming the death of a BGB member in the incident, the Jessore battalion explained the incident on Monday night.

According to the notification, around 5:30 am on Monday morning, a group of cattle smugglers from India crossed the border into Bangladesh in the area adjacent to Jelepara post of Dhanyakhola BOP of BGB Jessore Battalion. When the on-duty BGB patrol challenged them, they tried to run away towards India. At that time, Sepahi Mohammad Raishuddin, a member of the BGB patrol team, got separated due to thick fog while chasing after the smugglers.

According to the notification, Raishuddin could not be found initially, but later it was learned through various media that he was injured in BSF firing and is undergoing treatment in a hospital inside India. Immediately after the incident, a flag meeting was held at the battalion commander level and it was learned that soldier Raishuddin died while undergoing treatment in the hospital. A strong diplomatic protest has been sent to the BSF demanding a fair investigation into the matter.


You may also like

Leave a Comment