Home News The Bailey Road fire destroyed the dreams of two BUET students

The Bailey Road fire destroyed the dreams of two BUET students

0
The Bailey Road fire destroyed the dreams of two BUET students

Two students of Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology were among those killed in the fire at Green Cozy Cottage on Bailey Road in the capital. They are Nahian Amin and Lamisha Islam.

The death toll in this terrible fire on Thursday night is 46. The fire was brought under control in two hours by the efforts of 13 units of the fire service, but the commercial building was burnt down. The president, prime minister and opposition party leader have expressed their grief over this terrible fire incident.

It is known that the deceased Lamisha is a student of mechanical department of Buet. His father is Additional DIG of Police Nasirul Islam Shamim.

And Nahyan is a student of EEE department in the same batch. His village home is Barisal.

The Notre Dame College Alumni Association released a Facebook post Thursday night announcing Nahian’s death.

Nahyan’s friend Junayed said in a social media post about Nahyan’s death, ‘Nahyan once told me that if I stay here one day I will either die in a road accident or burn in a fire. I could not imagine that Nahyan’s words would come true so quickly.’

Tausif, another friend of Nahian, said on social media that they had planned many chats and get togethers with Nahian, a former student of Barisal District School. Everything was over in an unimaginable moment.

It can be seen on social media, 19 hours before his death, Nahyan wrote on Facebook about the experience of Lip Yai’s day on February 29, “Maybe after four years, I will look back on a day like February 29.”

The screenshot of Nahyan’s last post has already gone viral on social media.

Meanwhile, Inspector General of Police (IGP) Chowdhury Abdullah Al-Mamun said, “One of our colleagues’ daughter has died.”

Later it is known that the girl who was killed is Lamisha Islam.

The building was engulfed in flames at 10:30 on Thursday night. 6 units of fire service started working at 9:56. 13 units joined one by one.

Witnesses say they suddenly heard a loud noise. In no time, the fire spread throughout the building.

No casualties were reported for the first two hours. However, the injured people were brought out from the building after 12 pm.

According to the fire service, numerous gas cylinders were stored throughout the building. Even the stairs were stocked with cylinders. As a result, the building caught fire as soon as it caught fire.

The police said that the building did not have adequate fire extinguishing system.

The building houses several restaurants including Kachchi Bhai, Pizza Inn, Street Oven, Khanas. Apart from this, there are also some popular clothing stores including Elien, Closest Cloud.

The fire service has already made a five-member investigation committee to investigate the incident.



source