On the occasion of Victory Day, he was electrocuted while hanging the national flag on the roof of the house. A teenager named Sujan (14) died.
The incident happened on Friday (December 15) at around 11:30 p.m. at Kamrangirchar in the capital. Sujan is the son of Zaman Mia of Barisal. At present Kamrangirchar used to rent at Nursery Junction.
Later, Sujan was brought to the Dhaka Medical College (DMH) hospital in an unconscious state around 12:15 AM. After the examination, the doctor in charge of the emergency department declared him dead.
Sujan’s brother Russell said, ‘My brother works as a tailor. On the occasion of Victory Day, he bought a national flag and some paper flags from me with some money. Tonight, while unfurling the Victory Day flag on the roof of the house, he was accidentally electrocuted and fell unconscious. Later, when he was quickly brought to Dhaka Medical, the doctor said that my brother is no longer alive.
Russell said in a tearful voice, ‘My brother said, bro, you post a picture after I pull the flag on the roof. I was not photographed anymore. The national flag is flying right on the roof of our house. But I never got my brother back, brother.’
In charge of police camp of DMK Hospital. Bachchu Mia confirmed the matter by quoting the doctor. He said that the body of the teenager has been kept in the morgue of the emergency department of the hospital. The matter has been reported to the concerned police station.