A moving bus of Dawood Public School and College caught fire in Jessore city. Although the bus was in motion, there was no casualty. The accident took place at the Bakchar Coldstore junction on the Jessore-Khulna highway on Tuesday. Three units of Jessore Fire Service managed to bring the fire under control after 20 minutes.
According to eyewitnesses, the bus of Dawood Public School and College was on fire. The car was later stopped. The National Emergency Service number 999 was called and the fire service came and brought the fire under control. Meanwhile, there was a traffic jam on the road.
Bus driver Shahidul Islam said, we were returning from work from Shankarpur bus terminal. While driving the car suddenly the rear glass of the car broke from Hushtala junction. I looked back and saw that the fire was burning. I can’t say how it feels. However, the smell of turpentine can be found when the fire is burning.
Dewan Sohail, Deputy Assistant Director of Jessore Fire Service, said, ‘The fire was brought under control within 20 minutes. The bus was burnt to ashes in the fire. Initially the battery and other components of the bus have been tested. I didn’t get any error. However, I cannot say how the fire started. It will be known by investigation.’
Jessore Kotwali Model Police Station (OC Operations) Palash Biswas said, ‘We got news that the bus of Dawood Public School and College caught fire in front of the cold store. This incident is being investigated by several police agencies. I can tell you the details after the investigation.