Home Business S. received China-Bangladesh Business Excellence Award. Alam Group

S. received China-Bangladesh Business Excellence Award. Alam Group

by Afonso
0 comment
Rate this post

S. has received the ‘China-Bangladesh Business Excellence Award-2023’ in recognition of his contribution to the development projects of the country as well as his role in the business partnership between China and Bangladesh. Alam Group.

Recently, this industry group was awarded as the leading industry group in the country in the ‘Power and Energy Sector’ category.

There are several joint projects between Bangladesh and China in power, infrastructure, communication and other industries in the country. These initiatives are playing an important role in the economic prosperity of the country. One of the joint projects of China and Bangladesh is the SS Power Plant with a capacity of 1,320 MW, located at Gandamara, Banskhali, Chittagong. which has already started supplying power to the national grid after commercial production. Among the Chinese projects located in Bangladesh, this project has been given the ‘China-Bangladesh Business Excellence Award-2023’ in the ‘Power and Energy Sector’ category.

In this context, Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of SS Power Plant. Ibadat Hossain Bhuiyan said, ‘The success of SS Power Plant is a milestone for the power sector of Bangladesh. Similarly, it is an important sign of China-Bangladesh business partnership. Achieving the China-Bangladesh Business Excellence Award will surely inspire everyone involved in this project.’

Incidentally, the SS Power Plant built at a cost of about 2.6 billion dollars i.e. more than 28 thousand crore rupees is the highest private single investment so far. S. in this power project. Alam Group has a 70 percent stake and the remaining 30 percent is owned by Chinese companies Sepco 3 and HTG.

The commercial production of the first unit of the power plant started on September 18 and the commercial production of the second unit started in full swing on October 26.



source

You may also like

Leave a Comment