There is no alternative to getting enough sleep to reduce stress and calm your mind. Good sleep plays a positive role in creativity and intellectual functioning. Sleep affects not only your mental well-being, but also your physical health.
Adequate sleep strengthens our brain. There is no substitute for being alert and focused. Adequate sleep also boosts immunity.
In this context, experts believe that an adult needs at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep a day. Only then it is possible to live a healthy life. Otherwise, thousands of complex diseases will follow.
Adults need at least 7 hours of sleep per night for good health. According to data from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, more than a third of American adults do not get enough sleep on a regular basis.
Prepare yourself in advance to develop good sleeping habits. In this case you can follow some rules.
- Go to bed and get up at a specific time every day.
- Avoid exercise right before going to bed.
- Avoid drinks like nicotine or coffee in the afternoon.
- Say no to alcohol at all.
- Stay away from smartphones or television for 1 hour before going to bed.
- Keep your bedroom dark and cool.
- You can take warm water bath before going to sleep.
- Listen to soothing music.