Another woman named Veena Rani Chakraborty (45) died in a gas leakage explosion at a house in South Keraniganj Kautail, Dhaka. He passed away while undergoing treatment at Sheikh Hasina Burn Institute at around 10:15 on Tuesday night.
Two people died in this accident. Veena Rani’s mother Uma Chakraborty died yesterday at around ten o’clock.
Tariqul Islam, resident doctor of Sheikh Hasina National Burn and Plastic Surgery Institute confirmed this. He said that six people came to our emergency department yesterday morning from Keraniganj. Two of them were discharged with first aid. Four others were admitted as their condition was critical. Bina Rani Chakraborty passed away under treatment tonight. 85 percent of his body was burnt. Earlier yesterday his Uma Chakraborty died. Currently, Uma Chakraborty’s son Deva Chakraborty is undergoing treatment with 16 percent burns and grandson Pinak Chakraborty with 24 percent burns. Their condition is critical.
A house exploded due to a gas leak in a house in South Keraniganj Cowtail of Dhaka at 9:30 a.m. yesterday Monday. Six members of the same family were burnt.