A house exploded due to gas leakage in a house in South Keraniganj Cowtail of Dhaka. Six members of the same family, including a woman, were burnt. Doctors said that the condition of four of them is critical.
This incident happened on Monday around 9:30 am. Later, they were rescued and brought to the emergency department of the Sheikh Hasina National Institute of Burns and Plastic Surgery around 11 o’clock.
The victims are Uma Chakraborty (60) and her daughter Veena Rani Chakraborty (45), son Deva Chakraborty (35), grandson Pinak Chakraborty (17), brothers Tapas Chakraborty (35) and Sanjay Chakraborty (42).
Ripon, a relative who brought the burnt victims to the hospital, said that while cooking in the kitchen on the ground floor of their four-storey house in the Kautil area of South Keraniganj, there was a sudden explosion from a gas leakage. Six members of the same family were burnt. Later Sheikh Hasina rescued them in a burnt state and brought them to the National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery. They are currently undergoing treatment in the emergency department.
This has been confirmed by Sheikh Hasina National Burn and Plastic Surgery Institute resident surgeon Dr. Tariqul Islam He said that six burnt people have been brought to Sheikh Hasina Burn Institute from Keraniganj. Among the burn victims, Uma Chakraborty has 95 percent burns, Veena Rani Chakraborty has 85 percent burns, Deva Chakraborty has 16 percent burns and Pinak Chakraborty has 24 percent burns.
Dr. Tariqul Islam said that the condition of all four people is critical. They have been admitted to the emergency department. The other two will be discharged with first aid due to minor burns.