In celebration of the English New Year, the city dwellers will spontaneously participate in various joyous festivals in different areas of Dhaka. In this situation, the Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP) has given several instructions to maintain the security and law and order situation in the capital.
These instructions were given in a press release signed by DMP Commissioner Habibur Rahman. Besides, the force has requested all concerned to cooperate in maintaining law and order by following these instructions.
1. For the sake of overall security and law and order of Dhaka city, no kind of gatherings or festivals can be held at road junctions, flyovers, streets and public places.
2. No event, assembly, dance, song or any cultural event can be held in the open space on the occasion of New Year celebrations.
3. Any kind of firecrackers, bursting of crackers and lanterns cannot be bought or sold anywhere.
4. No person or vehicle from outside will be allowed to enter Dhaka University area after 6 pm. Only vehicles with stickers of Dhaka University will be allowed to enter subject to identification.
5. The teachers-students-officers and employees living in the Dhaka University area will return to their respective areas by 8 pm on December 31 and in case of entry after 8 pm they will have to show their identity cards to the policemen on duty.
6. Outsiders will not be allowed to enter Gulshan, Banani and Baridhara areas after 8 pm. However, citizens living in these areas can enter through Kamal Atatürk Avenue (Kakli Crossing) and Mohakhali Amtali Crossing subject to identification after the scheduled time.
7. Similarly, in the interest of overall security, citizens who do not live in Gulshan, Banani, Baridhara and Dhaka University residential areas have been discouraged from going there.
8. No assembly or function shall be held in Hatirjheel area after 6 pm and no vehicle shall be stopped or parked.
9. Citizens living in Gulshan, Banani and Baridhara areas have been requested to return to their respective areas by 8 pm on December 31.
10. No bar in Dhaka city can be kept open after 6 pm on December 31.
11. Residential hotels will be able to organize events under their own management on a limited basis.
12. From December 31, 6 pm to January 1, 2024, 5 am, all types of licensed firearms cannot be carried in various residential hotels, restaurants, public gatherings and festivals in Dhaka city.
On the occasion of the 31st, DMP requested the city residents to follow the traffic instructions.
1. Kemal Ataturk Avenue (Kakli Crossing) and Mohakhali Amtali Crossing can be used for vehicular access to Gulshan, Banani and Baridhara areas from 31 December 8 pm to 1 January 2024 5 am.
2. For entering Gulshan, Banani and Baridhara areas from 8 pm, Mohakhali area-Phoenix Road Crossing, Banani No. 11 Road Crossing, Chairman Bari Crossing, Dhaka Gate, Shooting Club, Badda Link Road, DOHS Baridhara-United Hospital Crossing and New Bazar Crossing areas. cannot be used for However, these crossings can be used to get out of those areas.
3. From 6:00 p.m. on December 31 to 5:00 a.m. the next day on January 1, 2024, any person or vehicle other than teachers, students, officials and employees of Dhaka University can enter Dhaka University premises only through Old High Court-Doyal Chatwar-Shaheed Minar-Jagannath Hall South Gate-Palashi intersection. must enter.
4. No vehicles will enter through Shahbagh, Neelkhet Crossing, Doel Chatwar Crossing, Bakshi Bazar Crossing, Palashi Crossing and Chankharpul/Shahidullah Hall Crossing from 31 December 8 pm onwards.