Creating a Website With WordPress
Creating a Website With WordPress
What is WordPress?
WordPress is an open-source content administration system (CMS) that allows users to customize and maintain their websites. WordPress’ customizability includes premade themes, widgets, add-ons, and plugins..
Believe it or not, but knowing how to make a website from scratch is one of the more essential skills you should master as a small business owner in this day and age.
Creating an online presence for a business or professional portfolio can be done quickly and easily through a content management system (CMS) like WordPress. Big enterprises and small businesses alike need ways to publish content. The key is to work with a user-friendly CMS that makes it possible for almost everyone – from a new to an expert – to create web pages. Using these templates makes it easy to create a basic web page, then switch to a logo, change the color palette, or change the font to suit your brand and needs.
When you start with WordPress, you need to decide whether to use WordPress.com or WordPress.org. Both are free, but WordPress.com is a public service that generates HTML scripts for sites in addition to the domain name and hosting services. While this is a one-stop shop for people who want to create a webpage, you will face many limitations if you want to customize many aspects of your site. WordPress.org, on the other hand, lets you download the script for free, then manipulate that script as you like on your site, including your own domain name and web hosting. It is also known as a self-hosted site.
Here, you will learn how easy it is to set up a WordPress self-hosted website for your home business. This CMS can be operated from almost any computer connected to the Internet. Knowledge of basic HTML coding is helpful, but not necessary with WordPress. You can learn on the go, then add more options and plugins as you get used to the standard features.
Here are the 9 simple steps to create your website from scratch.
- Step 1: Choose a name and find a domain for your website
- Step 2: Register your domain name
- Step 3: Tranquilize what kind of site you are creating
- Step 4: Get a host for your website
- Step 5: Install WordPress
- Step 6: Point your domain to your host
- Step 7: Install a WordPress theme
- Step 8: Add posts and pages to your website.
- Step 9: Continue evolving your website
WordPress Website Tips and Tricks
- Focus on the basics
- Use dashes and not underscores when naming your files
- Use WordPress’ online support
- Use Image Alt Text to your advantage
- Keep your sidebar as organized as possible
- Back up your website regularly
- Learn and understand SEO basics
- Create a custom homepage
- Keep an eye on your website’s performance
- Include an “About Us” page on your website
- Make sure your site is secure
- Create custom permalinks.
- Create a custom navigation bar
- Include excerpts on your blog posts
- Structure your website in a way that makes sense
Websites, Each page consisting of a set of carefully curated pages, should have its own values and reasons for existence. Without further ado, when you want to add other pages that are particularly relevant to your business type, all websites require specific key pages.
If you have a small business, or you are in the process of starting one, there is a good chance you need a website. In fact, we believe that all businesses need a website, regardless of their industry or size.
Fortunately, whatever your website idea, creating a website is now easier than ever. Some of the most popular platforms are very easy to use, even for beginners. However, it is always a good idea to start by learning about your options and what to expect before creating a website.
Benefits of blogging for your small business