Home News Burning coal in the house to save from winter, 5 people lost their lives

Burning coal in the house to save from winter, 5 people lost their lives

by Afonso
0 comment
Rate this post

A family burned coal at home to survive the winter. 5 members of that family died due to suffocation due to that coal smoke. Such an incident happened in Amroha district of Uttar Pradesh, India. Two more sick people have been admitted to the hospital in a critical condition.

According to the police, the seven members of the family went to sleep last Monday after burning coal in a metal container of burning charcoal to escape from the winter. Neighbors became suspicious as they did not come out of the house till Tuesday evening. Later, the door was broken and 5 members of the family were found dead. The remaining two were rescued and admitted to the hospital in a critical condition. It is initially thought that they may die due to lack of oxygen.

According to the report of Indian media NDTV, three children named Rahizuddin and two children of his relatives lost their lives in that accident. And the condition of his wife and brother is critical.

Local police officer Kunwar Anupam Singh said that the police have started an investigation into the matter.

In various parts of India, Angithis (metal pots containing burning charcoal) are used in the house to keep away from winter. It produces gases like carbon dioxide or carbon monoxide due to burning of coal. If the air does not enter the room from outside, there is danger of accident.



source

You may also like

Leave a Comment