Home News Bailey Road fire: Ground floor juice bar starts

Bailey Road fire: Ground floor juice bar starts

0
Bailey Road fire: Ground floor juice bar starts

Workers working in the building said that the fire started from the Chamak Juice Bar on the ground floor of the Green Cozy Cottage building on Bailey Road in the capital. There is evidence of this commentary in a video footage obtained by Independent Television. CID chief Mohammad Ali Mia confirmed that the fire started from the ground floor.

Employees who work in the building said the juice bar opened about a week ago. A sudden fire broke out in the Chamak Juice Bar on the ground floor of the seven-storey building around 10:15 on Thursday night. In a moment it spread around the building including the stairs. Meanwhile, the people in the building took refuge on the roof to save their lives.

Initially, the fire was believed to have started from the Katchi Bhai restaurant in the building. In this regard, the manager of the Bailey Road branch of Kacchi Bhai Restaurant Abdul Halim told the Independent that the fire started from the cylinder of the juice bar. Then it spread everywhere.

Eyewitnesses also say that there was a sudden explosion from the surprise juice bar below. Then the fire spread everywhere. They said that 15 days ago, there was a fire in this juice bar on the opening day. One of the shopkeepers was injured.

Watch the video:Most of the buildings are restaurants. There are several restaurants including Pizza Inn, Street Oven, Khanas. Apart from this, there are some popular marketplaces including Alien, Closest Cloud.

Director General of Fire Service Brigadier General. Main Uddin said, gas cylinders were used in some of these businesses. Because of this, the entire building was a furnace.



source