7 shops were burnt in Madaripur. The victims claim that there has been damage of 20 lakh rupees. The fire broke out in Shirchar market of Sadar upazila on Wednesday morning.
Madaripur Fire Service Inspector Noor Mohammad Shikder confirmed this information.
This fire service official said that the fire first started from Latif Bepari’s chicken shop in Shirchar Bazar early on Wednesday. Later the fire spread around. On receiving the information, the members of two units of Madaripur Fire Service tried to bring the fire under control for about two hours. Before this, the goods of 7 shops including chicken shop, medicine shop, grocery shop were burnt to ashes.
The fire service initially believes that the fire started from a short circuit.